Aqueous Consultants are a well established and successful family run business developed with a passion for the environment, conservation, waterways and wildlife/habitat protection and rejuvenation, with the aim of ensuring sustainability and ecological security for generations to enjoy for decades to come.
In 2006 Stephen Allen graduated from Sparsholt College, Hampshire, England (National Centre of Vocational Excellence) with a B.Sc.(Hons) in Aquaculture and Fishery Management. A sound scientific background coupled with expert practical experience, gained by working on major environmental/wildlife projects, fish-farm designing and commercial fishery design and improvement projects.
Primarily Steve has gained an expert professional background within aquaculture based industries, including many of the most well known Pan-European companies.
Research contracts include -
• Extensive research into the benefits of Ozone gas (O3) as a disinfection system for Nutreco’s Fish Nutrition and Development Centre, Stravanger, Norway.
• Research into fish stamina and swim speeds for Jacob’s Babtie Research, Hampshire
• Breeding and successful reintroduction project of Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar) into the River Thames
• Design of warm water recirculation systems for Tilapia (Oreochromis spp) .
• The assessment and evaluation of the relocation of protected species (listed under The Protection of Wildlife Act 1981) including Water Voles (Arvicola terrestris) , Otters (Lutra lutra), and Great-crested Newts (Triturus cristatus). in accordance with a lake modification project.
Recent services carried out on behalf of clients include -
• Designs of a large fishery complex.
• Design of a flow-through Tilapia farm.
• Design school nature reserves.
• Wildlife rejuvenation project.
• Design management and renovation of a number of French lakes.
• Commercial fisheries, including the re-development of sluices, monks etc.
• Redesign of a bio-security system for large commercial fish farm.
• Full design of new freshwater nursery system.
• Design of a horizontal flow reed bed filtration system.
• Design of species specific habitat rejuvenation project.
• Biological action plan (BAP) design and survey.
• Topography improvement project.
• Flood risk assessments and culvert clearance.
• Environmental and visual impact assessments
• Gravel cleaning in the River Itchen on behalf of the Environment Agency, followed by full invertebrate impact assessment report.
• Renovation of several sections of riverbank on the River Itchen, Winchester.
• River weed cutting and removal.
Commercial work and full design packages carried out for -
• Stamford Bridge Fishery.
• Windmill Leisure fishery and golf complex.
• Anna Valley Trout farm, Hampshire.
• Test Valley Trout farm, Hampshire.
• Otterferry Sea Fish farm, Scotland.
Back to Home